UPDATE: Vacancy now closed.
Please excuse the work-related post, but we're hiring. Do pass this on to anyone/anywhere you think might be interested.
Production Assistant, Monocle Web & Broadcast
Monocle.com is the broadcast arm of Monocle, producing high-quality audio and video related to subjects covered in the magazine. The website, and corresponding mobile channels, aim to 'raise the bar' for internet-based video, both in terms of editorial and production values.
Monocle is looking for a highly motivated, skilled all-rounder to join our core team in London, helping with the creation of both the website and the new broadcast-led formats it carries.
- Planning and executing the logistics of broadcasts, and broadcast acquisitions.
- Creation of audio/video material for Monocle.com and its related interactive channels.
- Editing and encoding of Monocle broadcast content.
- Experience of creating and producing high quality audio-video material.
- Experience with Final Cut Pro, within a Mac-based digital video environment.
- Basic video production skills (handling cameras, mics etc.).
- Basic skills in Photoshop, Illustrator etc.
- An in-depth understanding of contemporary web content and internet-based and mobile platforms.
- Good understanding of international current affairs, business, culture, design, as covered in Monocle.
- Languages an advantage.
Reporting to Director of Web & Broadcast (that's me), and working as part of Monocle's core team at our London HQ in Marylebone.
All applications and enquiries to dh [at] monocle [dot] com. Thanks.